Flaky Gets My Goat
So okay, there are times when it can’t be helped that we flake out on someone or something…for reasons not under our control. But when you’ve made it a habit to be a flake, when you’ve made it a part of your lifestyle, and I happen to be in the middle of your flakiness, it really gets my goat.
Once or twice is okay but to keep doing it…well, that’s just another story. Kinda tells what kind of person you are, don’t you think?
Anyway, perhaps you can tell that my ranting has something to do with someone flaking out on me one too many times. And yeah, you could even say it’s my fault for allowing the person to keep doing it to me. Heck, I try to see reason in everything…it’s just now, I’ve had it with people and their flakiness. If you say one thing and mean the other; if you say you’re gonna do something and not do it [over and over again, mind you], what does that say about you, huh? [Or me for that matter… :(]
To emphasize my point, here’s what a flake is…
- An unreliable person
- doesn’t keep to their word
- They’ll tell you they’re going to do one thing, and never do it.
- They’ll tell you that they’ll meet you somewhere, and show up an hour late or don’t show up at all.
- Unreliable, characterized by not following through on agreed plans
- being socially adaptable in a way that compromises your self-worth
If you happen to know anyone with these A-W-E-S-O-M-E qualities, get involved at your own risk is all I’m saying…