Being Single on Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is just a few breaths away and a lot of people [those who are currently dating, in a relationship or married] are thinking of how to make their significant others feel extra special on this day.
Others are trying to come-up with creative ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day while others are going for the simple-type of celebration. After all, they would argue, the important thing is being together and feeling the loooovvveee… [elch]😀
But whattabout those who are single?
In their attempts to make single people feel better on this day, friends who are part of a couple would say that Valentine’s isn’t only for lovers [in the coupling sense of the word]; but rather it’s a day to celebrate love and everyone in your life is part of your love circle.
Tsk. Tsk. Let’s face it, single people just feel a bit of envy when they see lovers all gooey-eyed and exchanging love mementos on Valentine’s Day. This is the only time of the year where you see a lot of women proudly carrying their bouquet of flowers all on the same day.🙂
Whether you are happily single or are still waiting for your The One, Valentine’s needn’t be a day of mourning and depression. Valentine’s is the one time of the year where you should all the more put extra effort in celebrating being single.
Gather all your friends who are in the same boat and toast your singlehood. :D Don’t talk about your sob stories or reminisce about past relationships where you had this or that kind of magical Valentine’s Day.
If you want to talk about love [again in the coupling sense of the word], talk about the kind of person you want in your life. What qualities you wish for your partner to have; their looks; characters and such. Perhaps you can also talk about the lessons you have learned from your past relationships which have now given you a better idea of what it is you exactly want from a partner.🙂
The thing is, you don’t have to feel sorry for yourself if you don’t have a significant other this Valentine’s. There’s always next year, and the next, and the next…for as long as you live.🙂
Surround yourself with love…from your friends and family. Celebrate, throw a party for all your single friends and family; or get your favorite book, snuggle up in bed with warm cocoa in hand and enjoy your single days.😉
…and comfort yourself with the thought that the couples you may know now may not be couples anymore next year…or perhaps their only celebration of love is during Valentine’s but the rest of the year they’re like cat and mouse! Hahaha!!!!!😀
"If we listened to our intellect, we will never have a love affair. We will never have a friendship...because we'd be cynical. That's nonsense. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down."
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
You Came A-Knockin' ^_^
- 90,402 knocks
Past Rants & Raves
My Say ^_^
- Girl Scouts of the Philippines March Song
- Random Musings 2
- The Pursuer and the Pursued According to G.B. Shaw
- Life Begins When You Do, Mary Anne Radmacher
- A Mother Is…
- A Newborn’s Conversation with God [for all great moms around the world]
- Conrado de Quiros’ “Ang Mananayaw” [The Dancer] [There’s the Rub, PDI, 4-04-11]
- The Rebound Guy
- Happy Birthday Times Two
- All In – Lifehouse
- Things That Make You Go… “Hmmm..?”
- Dream of Me – Kirsten Dunst
- Merry Christmas!
- One Look – Kjwan
- Protected: Thank You, V!
- Randy David’s Take on Social Networking
- Get Out of the Car – from Francis J. Kong in Business Matters
- Shots – Conrado de Quiros [There’s the Rub, PDI, 10-07-10]
- Keep Me in Your Heart-Warren Zevon [Funny People OST]
- Brownie Surprise
Your Say ^_^
|jomarie irraj on Girl Scouts of the Philippines…|
|Airam ETizelle on Girl Scouts of the Philippines…|
|regine on Girl Scouts of the Philippines…|
|nicole on Girl Scouts of the Philippines…|
|charlin M. Infante on Girl Scouts of the Philippines…|
|ma.charity borjal on Girl Scouts of the Philippines…|
|emilia on Girl Scouts of the Philippines…|
|michaela claire gamb… on Girl Scouts of the Philippines…|
|patricia on Girl Scouts of the Philippines…|
|boom on Girl Scouts of the Philippines…|
|lisahmae on Girl Scouts of the Philippines…|
|iisshhaa on The Aquarius Woman|
|kimberly olivo on Girl Scouts of the Philippines…|
|Allyssa Noreen on Girl Scouts of the Philippines…|
|perspectiveandwords on Love Letters…|
- You Know You’re Filipino If… June 16, 2010This book is a “Pinoy Primer” selected and edited by Neni Sta. Romana-Cruz. These are funny and heartwarming traits Filipinos are known for, wherever they are in the world. :) I wish I could put the entire book in this post but it will take too much time and effort, hehehe. You should get the […]
- Magnificence – Rolando A. Carbonell June 1, 2010Magnificence is another masterpiece by world-famous Filipino poet, Rolando A. Carbonell. Since I have already given a background on him, let me instead share what he wrote on my book: Dearest *** ****, Am so very grateful for your selflessness and congeniality in relating to me. I love and admire you, Rolando A. Carbonell Great […]
- Killing Time in a Warm Place – Jose Y. Dalisay, Jr. June 1, 2010There were about eight of them; my father woke me up as gently as he could, and I found myself staring into the barrel of a carbine. I was being arrested, they said, for violation of the anti-subversion law. I thought they were exaggerating; I wrote manifestos and such, and I was 18; I was […]
- 10 Intriguing Occultists From Across History December 10, 2016Throughout the Middle Ages and during the periods of the Renaissance and the Enlightenment, occultists persisted in their pursuits of the mystical and the metaphysical. Even today, individuals, including several who are famous, continue to engage in these customs. A few are well known for the contributions they’ve made to the strange practices they’ve adopte […]